2QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
In order to be considered for the program, you need to satisfy ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years (must be under the age of 35 when completing 12 months service)
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
4. Available in 2018/19 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Have at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
The AU-YVC is looking for motivated young leaders who embody the following qualities:
• Embodies the spirit of Pan-Africanism;
• Committed to Africa’s shared values of an Integration, peace and development.
• Embodies the spirit of service & servant leadership;
• High degree of professionalism.
• Solution oriented & can demonstrate results;
• Able to work and thrive in challenging, multi-cultural settings including post conflict environments;
• Respectful towards cultural, intellectual, religious and linguistic diversities;
• Strong interpersonal and organizing skills;
• Flexible, independent and self-motivated.
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages, proficiency of two or more in other of one or several other working language(s) would be an added value.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a Short Term contract for a period of One (1) Year, of which the first three (3) Requirements Months will be considered as a probationary period.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.